Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Where was I?

It's the end of the school year and I've figure out how to bring things to a close by the end of June. But...this time of the year and the upcoming summer are anything but simple for our family. The months of May-June tend to look a lot like Nov-Dec- filled with events, graduations, dinners, concerts & goodbyes. And then there is summer...8 weeks of conferences, all of which my husband is a part of in some way or another. Don't get me wrong, I love the events and concerts and conferences. It's a nice change from the rest of the year. But, it's just not....simple.

So, why am I writing about not being simple on a blog about being simple? I guess that's just because that's life. Sometimes life is simple and sometimes it's just not. But, even when it isn't it's important to have that quiet time with the Lord, to stop and smell the fresh oregano growing and to take time to listen to that new song that your 4 year old just "wrote". All these things remind us that even in the midst of chaos, life at it's core still hasn't changed.....it's still simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment